Facility Clearance Branch (FCB)
The Defense Security Service (DSS) Facility Clearance Branch (FCB) processes contractors for Facility Clearance (FCL) based upon procurement need, issues FCL's, and monitors the contractors continued eligibility in the NISP. For all FCL requests, please submit the request to DSS.FCB@mail.mil. For all FCL related questions, or status updates on your submission please contact the DSS Knowledge Center at 888-282-7682 and select option #3.
This site is designed to help answer some commonly asked questions prospective cleared contractors, US Government Contracting Agencies, and US Prime Contractors have relative to the FCL process.
- DSS Improved Facility Clearance and Excluded Entity Process (webinar slides and audio)
- Facility Clearance Checklist
- Facility Clearance Process FAQs
- Download NISPOM (National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual) in PDF
- Electronic Facility Clearance System (e-FCL)