- Industrial Security
- Personnel Security Investigations-Industry (PSI-I) Program Office
- Field Operations
- Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence
- Industrial Security Integration & Application (IP)
- NISP Agencies
- NISP Library
Facility Clearance Branch (FCB)
The Defense Security Service (DSS) Facility Clearance Branch (FCB) processes contractors for Facility Clearances (FCLs), issues FCLs, and monitors contractorsí continued eligibility in the NISP. Please submit all FCL requests to DSS.FCB@mail.mil.
Incomplete and inaccurate sponsorship packages will be rejected, which will create delays for obtaining the facility clearance. Please carefully read and follow ALL instructions to ensure your facility clearance request is processed as timely as possible. For all FCL-related questions, or status updates on your submission, contact the DSS Knowledge Center at 888-282-7682 and select option #3.
This site provides answers to frequently asked questions cleared contractors, U.S. Government Contracting Agencies, and U.S. Prime Contractors have regarding the FCL process. Reviewing this information will help you avoid many of the common errors that delay FCL packages.
- DSS Improved Facility Clearance and Excluded Entity Process (webinar slides and audio)
- Facility Clearance Checklist
- Facility Clearance Process FAQs
- Download NISPOM (National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual) in PDF