January 26, 2015
2015 Annual National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Personnel Security Investigations (PSI) Survey Deployment Coming Soon (more)
January 23, 2015
Data Quality Initiative 85299 - Overdue PRs result in downgrade (more)
On 1/22/2015, a Data Quality Initiative (DQI 85299) was run in coordination with USD(I), DSS and DMDC. After 30 days of non-compliance to the request for an investigation request, personnel that had an overdue periodic reinvestigation (PR) were downgraded to an eligibility level compliant with the scope of their last investigation. The previous eligibility may be recertified upon the successful submission of a PR. If any records were affected in error, please submit a "Research Eligibility" (RRU) in JPAS to the DoD CAF Industry division and we will promptly review the record for possible correction.
January 22, 2015
Registration open for first annual DSS Industry Day and Technology Exposition 2015 (more)
The Defense Security Service (DSS) is proud to announce the first annual DSS Industry Day and Technology Exposition 2015 to be hosted by the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) at DSS Headquarters in Quantico, Va., on Feb. 18, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The theme for DSS Industry Day and Technology Exposition 2015 is "Strengthening Partnerships to Achieve the DSS Mission." This Industry Day and Technology Exposition will be an opportunity for industry partners to hear presentations from Agency senior leadership on DSS' current initiatives and emerging challenges in the context of the changing technology and security environment.
Seating for this event is LIMITED. Registration will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. To ensure participation from the maximum number of companies, there will be a two (2) participant per company limit. Anyone who registers over the two-person limit will automatically be placed on the waitlist. To register or obtain more information, go to: http://www.ncsi.com/dssid/2015/index.php.
January 8, 2015
Defense Security Service to Deploy the Annual National Industrial Security Program Cost Collection Survey Jan. 19, 2015 - Feb. 6, 2015 (more)
|01/15/15||ATTENTION OBMS USERS: (more)
OBMS is currently having issues saving supporting documents into the application. We are working to resolve the issue and apologize for any inconvenience.
|12/09/14||ODAA Business Management System (OBMS) Reminder (more)
* Industry's six-month transition deadline is approaching and mandatory OBMS use starts by the end of January 2015.
* We encourage Industry to work closely with their assigned ISSP during the transition period to ensure all records are accurate.
* Industry must choose one method for submitting system security plans during this transition period.
* Once plans are submitted within the application by Industry, we request that all C&A activities be completed within OBMS.
* We will accept system security plan submission via email through January 2015 for users without OBMS accounts.
* New users must complete a two-step account creation process for OBMS through National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Common Access Information System (NCAISS).
* All users must request access to NCAISS before registering for an OBMS account.
* Detailed instructions to register for NCAISS and OBMS accounts, user guides and tutorials can be found http://www.dss.mil/diss/ncaiss.html and http://www.dss.mil/diss/obms.html
* The FSO/KMP can self-nominate for NCAISS/OBMS accounts by placing their email address as the sponsor address.
* Once the FSO accounts are established, they can sponsor and approved access to OBMS access under their Cage Code
* OBMS accounts fall under the CYBERCOM directive requirement and accounts will be locked after 30 days if not used at this time.
* The FSO should send an email to the Call.Center@DSSHelp.org to request for User Accounts under their Cage Code to be reactivated.
* Please report all issues to DSS:
- For technical account issues, please contact the DOD Security Services (Call) Center at: 1-888-282-7682.
- Call center email address is Call.Center@DSSHelp.org. Please be sure to include your name, email address, telephone number, and a brief message, and someone will get back with you.
- For OBMS business process support, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.