December 19, 2014
Complying with DNI Memo, "Strategy to Reduce the Periodic Reinvestigation Backlog Using a Risk-Based Approach" (more)
To complete the requirements identified in the Director of National Intelligence memo, "Strategy to Reduce the Periodic Reinvestigation Backlog Using a Risk-Based Approach," the Defense Manpower Data Center, the Defense Security Service and the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence created Data Quality Initiative (DQI) 838, which will downgrade INDUSTRY ONLY subjects with an overdue Periodic Reinvestigation (PR) who have not complied with official notifications. DQI 838 is scheduled to run in early January 2015.
In order to maintain in-scope eligibilities for subjects with Industry categories in JPAS, a PR must be submitted. Corresponding accesses will also be removed during these downgrades (DQI 597), and record archive rules will still be in effect. If you believe there was an error made, you may submit an RRU to DOD CAF Industry for possible correction.
For more information, visit Defense Manpower Data Center - PSA Division / JPAS website at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/psawebdocs/docPage.jsp?p=JPAS.
November 13, 2014
The PSMO-I has updated Option 4 of the eFP Implementation Guide, for more information click here.
November 7, 2014
For more information regarding JPAS Data Quality Initiatives and record management, click here.
October 27, 2014
DMDC has released new guidance on overdue Periodic Reinvestigations click here for information.
October 22, 2014
Capital Region Opens New Field Office (more)
Effective Oct. 1, 2014, the Capital Region successfully stood up its seventh Field Office in Alexandria, Va. The Alexandria 3 Field Office is currently in the initial operating stage and is in the process of assigning facilities. Capital Region will transition these facilities between now and January 1, 2015. Throughout the process the affected facilities with changes to their Industrial Security Representative will be notified, updates will also be provided via the Voice of Industry Newsletter, and our DSS.Mil website. In addition, Capital Region is planning several open house events in 2015, so please keep an eye out for events in your area! Click here for the new field office boundaries.
|12/19/14||Attention OBMS users: Planned maintenence (more)
OBMS will be unavailable due to planned maintenance 2000-2300 EST on Tuesday, 23 Dec 14. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.
|12/16/14||Attention ISFD users: Scheduled maintenence (more)
ISFD will be unavailable due to planned maintenance 1400-2200 EST on Saturday, 20 Dec 14. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.
|12/16/14||Attention e-FCL users: (more)
The Electronic Facility Clearance (e-FCL) System will be unavailable from 2pm to 3:30pm EST on Friday, December 19, 2014 for system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
|12/16/14||Attention e-FCL users: Holiday Schedule (more)
The Electronic Facility Clearance System (e-FCL) Help Desk will be closed for the holidays from Wednesday, December 24, 2014 through Friday, January 2, 2015. The Help Desk is being monitored for emergencies. However, non-emergency emails and calls will be addressed after Friday January 2, 2015. Happy Holidays.
|12/15/14||Attention STEPP users: STEPP Outage 12/18/2014 (more)
On Thursday 18 December 2014 between 0630 - 0700 EST, STEPP will be unavailable due to planned system maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
|12/09/14||ODAA Business Management System (OBMS) Reminder (more)
* Industry's six-month transition deadline is approaching and mandatory OBMS use starts by the end of January 2015.
* We encourage Industry to work closely with their assigned ISSP during the transition period to ensure all records are accurate.
* Industry must choose one method for submitting system security plans during this transition period.
* Once plans are submitted within the application by Industry, we request that all C&A activities be completed within OBMS.
* We will accept system security plan submission via email through January 2015 for users without OBMS accounts.
* New users must complete a two-step account creation process for OBMS through National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Common Access Information System (NCAISS).
* All users must request access to NCAISS before registering for an OBMS account.
* Detailed instructions to register for NCAISS and OBMS accounts, user guides and tutorials can be found http://www.dss.mil/diss/ncaiss.html and http://www.dss.mil/diss/obms.html
* The FSO/KMP can self-nominate for NCAISS/OBMS accounts by placing their email address as the sponsor address.
* Once the FSO accounts are established, they can sponsor and approved access to OBMS access under their Cage Code
* OBMS accounts fall under the CYBERCOM directive requirement and accounts will be locked after 30 days if not used at this time.
* The FSO should send an email to the Call.Center@DSSHelp.org to request for User Accounts under their Cage Code to be reactivated.
* Please report all issues to DSS:
- For technical account issues, please contact the DOD Security Services (Call) Center at: 1-888-282-7682.
- Call center email address is Call.Center@DSSHelp.org. Please be sure to include your name, email address, telephone number, and a brief message, and someone will get back with you.
- For OBMS business process support, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.