NISPOM Paragraph 3-105 requires that an individual issued an initial personnel security clearance (PCL) execute a Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement (SF-312) prior to being granted access to classified information and that the completed form is forwarded to the Cognizant Security Agency for retention. The Facility Security Officer (FSO) is responsible for annotating the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) with the date the SF-312 was executed and submitting the completed SF-312 to Vetting Risk Operations Center (VROC) for retention. The new, preferred method of transmission is via fax, this allows for a more expedient entry into our systems.
SF-312s should be faxed or mailed:
Fax Number: (443)661-1140 ATTN: SF-312
If using the fax method, please include the following information on the cover letter:
E-Fax Address: email@example.com. When using the email option, password protect the file in the first email and send the actual password in a separate email.
The National Background Investigations Bureau provides six tips to filling out the SF86, Employment History, section 13:
1. List ALL beginning with the present and back 10 full years with no breaks. No job is too short or insignificant to list.
2. Do NOT list tentative or future employments.
3. Do not stretch employment dates to fill gaps when you were really unemployed for a month or more.
4. Provide the physical work location.
5. Whether or not you agree, if the employer would say that you were fired, terminated, or left under unfavorable circumstances, list and explain.
6. Discipline, warnings, reprimands, etc. - If you received one, list it (Verbal, written, formal, and informal, etc.)