National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Contracts Classification System (NCCS)
The National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Contracts Classification System (NCCS) will be deployed as the Enterprise Federal information system application supporting DoD and other Federal Agencies in the NISP by facilitating the processing and distribution of contract security classification specifications for contracts requiring access to classified information. NCCS establishes a centralized repository for the collection of classified contract security requirements and supporting data while automating the DD Form 254 (DoD Contract Security Classification Specification) processes and workflows. DSS in partnership with the Office of Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics, expedited the deployment of NCCS within the existing Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) e-Business Suite. WAWF is a secure web-based system for electronic invoicing, receipt, and acceptance.
DSS is on track to set 23 December 2016 as NCCS Full Operational Capability (FOC). NCCS FOC provides the foundational capabilities for Government Contracting Activities (GCAs) and Industry Prime sponsors to create and route a DD Form 254 within the system and automatically initiate a Facility Clearance Request if needed.
To implement use of NCCS, DSS is onboarding government agencies with a phased deployment as follows:
- Phase 3 (Jan-Apr 17) – 12 agencies
- Phase 4 (May-Aug 17) – 9 agencies
- Phase 5 (Sep-Dec 17) – 9 agencies
- Phase 6 (Jan-Apr 17) – 14 agencies
DSS is working onboarding within the DoD Services separately throughout the next year.
Industry users may request to be included in any of the phases above. For consideration please determine who your primary and alternate General Account Managers (GAMs) will be, complete the GAM Appointment Letters and notify DSS at DSS.NCCS@mail.mil with this information.
NCCS v5.9.1 was deployed on October 28-30, 2016. This version allows industry to view their prime DD Form 254s and created a NCCS Vendor GAM role within NCCS. To view all of the new requirements see the NCCS site - https://wawfraid.nit.disa.mil/nccswbt/. NCCS v5.10.1 will be tested in spring 2017, more to follow after the New Year.
Are you interested in testing in the two NCCS test sites? Follow these simple steps:
Thank you for your interest in testing the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Contracts Classification System (NCCS). The instructions below outline how to register for access to the two NCCS test sites. If you have any questions or issues registering for an account, please contact email@example.com.
- Review the nine steps for machine setup to ensure you are ready to register using your computer at https://wawf-gt.nit.disa.mil/xhtml/unauth/web/homepage/machineSetup.xhtml. You may wish to discuss the nine steps with your IT team to confirm your computer is ready to test and to ensure the attached DoD certificates are installed on your computer.
- Review the information provided within the NCCS Training section located at https://wawfraid.nit.disa.mil/nccswbt/.
- Register to test at the following two test sites: WAWF-GT Uniform and WAWF-RA2.
- Review the terms and conditions notification and Select “Accept” to proceed.
- Select “Register”
- Review the privacy act statement and Select “Accept” to proceed.
- Select “Vendor” as the User Type
- Select “NCCS – NISP Contracts Classification System” as the Application Type
- Select “Next”
- Complete the required profile Information; Select “Next”
- Complete the required Sponsor profile Information; Select “Next”
- Select “Vendor User Roles”
- Select “Originator” (Repeat for Reviewer and Certifying Official)
- Enter valid CAGE Code as Location Code
- Select “Save”
- Select “Next”
- Select “User CAC/PKI/Soft Certificate”; Select “Next”
- Select “Signature” and Enter Password; Select “Submit”
- For Government or Government Support Contractors you would select those User Types instead of Vendor (step 4) and follow the remaining steps until step 10a. At step 10a select DoDAAC HS0001 for the test sites and continue with the steps above.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that you have successfully registered for an account and which test site(s) and the account will be approved; after which you will be ready to start testing. If you have problems registering with the CAC/PKI/Soft Certificate, please send an email to email@example.com for an ID/PW exemption.
- CA Certificate Installation Instructions
- CA Certificate Installation sha256 Instructions
- JITC DoD SW CA 37
- DoD JITC Root CA 2
- DoD JITC CA 27
- Central Repository for certified DD Form 254 Records
- Utilizes Single Sign-On (SSO) Capabilities (Common Access Card [CAC] authentication, or External Certification Authority [ECA])
- Retrieve real-time statuses of DD Form 254 submissions, reviews, approvals, clarification, and/or rejection of request
- Manage and monitor DD Form 254 activities
- Provides Government Contracting Authorities (GCAs) and contractors the ability to submit DD Form 254s for approval and certification
- Receive automated notifications of DD From 254 statuses for Industry and DSS stakeholders
- Reporting features and capabilities
- Supports Digital Signature of documents
The NCCS web-based training links are found on the WAWF production site - https://wawf.eb.mil/.
Users can find NCCS specific training by completing the following:
- Navigate to the URL https://wawf.eb.mil/
- From the Login page, click the Help/Training button
- Click the Web Based Training link located in the Training section
- Click the NCCS icon
- Click the NCCS Roles and Registration link under the Roles section
NCCS Machine Setup Requirements:
The machine setup instructions behind the "help tab" are useful to ensure your local computer is configured to operate within the WAWF environment.
For additional information on the NCCS, see the CDSE Webinar on YouTube: https://youtu.be/c3t0pXgxkrQ
As DSS rolls out NCCS in a phased implementation throughout the NISP community, the DLA/DISA Help Desk will provide Tier I-level and Tier 2-level user support for NCCS as below:
- Tier 1 – e.g. Password resets, account terminations, and frequently asked questions
- Tier 2 – e.g. Functionality and workflow system navigation issues
Support (DLA/DISA Help Desk information)
CONUS ONLY: 1-866-618-5988
FAX COMMERCIAL: 801-605-7453
FAX DSN: 388-7453
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To help facilitate processing of your request please include in the body of the email your name, email address, contact number, and a brief summary of issue.
- If you need your password reset, please go to the "Forgot Your Password Link"
- If your account is locked, please contact your Group Account Manager (GAM).