National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Central Access Information Security System (NCAISS)
The DSS NCAISS Portal is a web-based application that provides Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)-based authentication services to DSS applications and information systems for authorized users. Through the NCAISS Portal, an authorized user can access their DSS NCAISS Portal account via a single sign-on (SSO) capability using PKI certificates (either a Common Access Card (CAC) or DoD-approved External Certification Authority (ECA) certificate).
From the NCAISS Portal Home Page, a user may request access to multiple DSS applications that have been integrated with the Portal using the automated account request process. Once a request is approved (if applicable), the user is able to access those applications using their PKI credentials.
Gaining access to the DSS NCAISS Portal is a simple, two-step process that consists of:
- Completing the DSS NCAISS Portal Access Request Form (available from the NCAISS Portal Login page)
- Registering a CAC or other PKI credential to your newly created NCAISS Portal account
- Guidance for Users Experiencing 'Page Cannot Be Displayed' Error
- Points of Contact
- Oracle DSS NCAISS User Guide
- NCAISS Tutorial
- DSS NCAISS FAQs
- OBMS Integration Tutorial
- STEPP Integration Tutorial
- October 3, 2016: NCAISS Oracle final Go-Live date has been set.
The current DSS National Industrial Security Program (NISP) Common Access Information Security System (NCAISS) will undergo an upcoming planned technology refresh on Oct. 17, 2016. The functionality of the updated NCAISS application will remain the same as is currently available; however, some minor visual differences in the user interface (i.e., look and feel) will occur (see attached).
Important information about this update:
* No action will be required by NCAISS users before, during, or after the technology refresh.
* No changes to NCAISS user accounts or corresponding access to OBMS and/or STEPP will be made as part of this effort.
* In order to provide a smooth transition, there will be an extended period of limited NCAISS functionality from October 12 to October 16, to include a period where existing accounts may not be modified."
- April 1, 2016: NCAISS Oracle Technology Refresh Announcement
- March 23, 2016: NCAISS Technology Refresh
- June 3, 2014: Notice release for Security Facility Officers and Information Systems Security Managers
For more information and step-by-step instructions for using the DSS NCAISS Portal, refer to the DSS Portal User Guide.