Industrial Security Facilities Database (ISFD)
The ISFD will provide users with a nationwide perspective on National Industrial Security Program related facilities, as well as facilities under DSS oversight in the DoD conventional AA&E program. ISFD data will also provide source data for the DoD Joint Personnel Adjudicative System (JPAS) and the Facility Verification Request (FVR) application.
If you request a Facility Verification for a company that you have previously verified, ISFD will return the following error message: "A Facility Verification Request by user (user name) already exists for subject CAGE code (cage of requested company)."
This is a change to ISFD functionality. If you experience difficulty finding your previous verification, call the DoD Security Services Center at 1-888-282-7682 for assistance.
Some users have been unable to access ISFD. After entering their user ID and password, the system returns a blank screen. If this occurs, please perform the following:
- Turn off Internet Explorer (IE) popup blocker:
- In Internet Explorer, on the 'Tools' menu,
- Select 'Pop-up Blocker', and then
- Select 'Turn off pop-up blocker'.
- Clean out temporary internet cookies and files:
- In Internet Explorer, on the 'Tools' menu,
- Select 'Internet Options',
- Select 'Delete Cookies' under 'Temporary Internet files' on the 'General' tab for Internet Options',
- Select 'OK' for 'Delete all cookies in the 'Temporary Internet Files',
- Select 'Delete Files' under 'Temporary Internet files' on the 'General' tab for 'internet options',
- Select 'OK' for 'Delete all files in the Temporary Internet Files', and then
- Select 'OK' at the bottom of the 'General' tab to close 'internet option' dialog box.
- Close IE browser.
- Open IE browser, go to the ISFD website (https://isfd.dss.mil/ISFDweb/login/login.jsp) log in and the ISFD homepage should display.
(5/17/2013) Attention ISFD Users:
Scheduled Maintenance ISFD will be unavailable due to planned maintenance 1700-2200 EDT on Saturday, 18 May 13. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.
(05/09/12) Attention ALL ISFD Users: Internet Explorer 8 and 9 Compatibility Workaround
Industrial Securities Facilities Database (ISFD) users with Internet Explorer 8, 9 and Firefox browsers have experienced issues while attempting to access ISFD. Research has possible workarounds for restoring access. Click here for more information.
(02/10/12) Attention ALL ISFD Users: Custom Reports Login Failures
Industrial Securities Facilities Database (ISFD) Internal users have experienced login failure while attempting to access Custom Reports. Research has determined that the issue originates from the format of reset passwords.
When prompted to reset ISFD passwords, users must choose new passwords which vary from the previous passwords by at least four (4) characters. Users not modifying their passwords with sufficient variation will cause their ISFD main and Custom Reports passwords to become out-of-sync.
The following are the minimum requirements for ISFD password resets*:
- Passwords must differ from previous by at least four (4) characters.
- Passwords cannot contain single quotes (') or double quotes (")
- Passwords cannot contain any whitespace characters (space, tab, etc.)
- Passwords must be at least 15 characters long
- Passwords must contain at least 2 numbers
- Passwords must contain at least 2 special characters
- Passwords cannot match any of your previous 10 passwords
- Passwords must contain at least 2 uppercase letters
- Passwords must contain at least 2 lowercase letters
- Passwords cannot contain any consecutive characters from the same key (e.g. "aa", "bB", or "1!")
For further assistance with ISFD main and Custom Reports access, please contact the DoD Security Services Center (1-888-282-7682, Call.Center@DSSHelp.org) for further assistance.
*Please note that user accounts will be locked following three (3) unsuccessful login attempts for either the main ISFD page or Custom Reports.
(12/29/10) Attention ISFD Users
ISFD will be changing URLs on 29 Dec 10. The new URL for ISFD will be https://isfd.dss.mil/ISFDweb. Please bookmark this new link for a more convenient transition. We apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause.
(9/22/10) Upcoming Voice of Industry Survey
On Oct. 4, 2010, DSS will deploy the first Voice of Industry (VOI) Survey to the Facility Security Officers (FSOs) of all active, cleared facilities. This survey will collect feedback from industry on DSS performance pertaining to administration and implementation of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP). Questions pertaining to the 2010 VOI Survey can be directed to:
(02/04/10) Upcoming Personnel Security Investigation (PSI) Projection Survey
On March 31, 2010 DSS will deploy the Spring 2010 PSI Projection Survey to the FSOs of all active, cleared facilities. This Survey will collect PSI projections for FY2011-2013. A full notice with updates to the Survey can be seen here and content and screenshot examples can be viewed
here. Questions pertaining to the Spring 2010 PSI Projection Survey can be directed to .
(09/02/09) Attention All DoD Government and Contractor Customers
DSS has recently updated its Office Symbols for all of the Regional and Field Offices. While we are in the process of updating our Industrial Security, ISS Regional Map website, we would ask that you use the linked chart which will provide the new Office Symbols. This change is effective immediately. We thank you for your patience. Click here for more.
(09/09/08) DSS Academy offers online ISFD Course
The DSS Academy announces the release of the new Industrial Security Facilities Database (ISFD) Facility Clearance Verification and Notifications for Industry V3, course number IS113.06. This course provides step-by-step instructions on the use of the ISFD and includes student practice exercises in a virtual classroom environment. The target audience for this course is federal government employees and contractors working in the Industrial Security program who require access to ISFD. Note — The ISFD for DSS Users Course will be released at a later date. Click here to register for the course in STEPP.