Industrial Security Facilities Database (ISFD)
The ISFD will provide users with a nationwide perspective on National Industrial Security Program related facilities, as well as facilities under DSS oversight in the DoD conventional AA&E program. ISFD data will also provide source data for the DoD Joint Personnel Adjudicative System (JPAS) and the Facility Verification Request (FVR) application.
If you request a Facility Verification for a company that you have previously verified, ISFD will return the following error message: "A Facility Verification Request by user (user name) already exists for subject CAGE code (cage of requested company)."
This is a change to ISFD functionality. If you experience difficulty finding your previous verification, call the DoD Security Services Center at 1-888-282-7682 for assistance.
Some users have been unable to access ISFD. After entering their user ID and password, the system returns a blank screen. If this occurs, please perform the following:
- Turn off Internet Explorer (IE) popup blocker:
- In Internet Explorer, on the 'Tools' menu,
- Select 'Pop-up Blocker', and then
- Select 'Turn off pop-up blocker'.
- Clean out temporary internet cookies and files:
- In Internet Explorer, on the 'Tools' menu,
- Select 'Internet Options',
- Select 'Delete Cookies' under 'Temporary Internet files' on the 'General' tab for Internet Options',
- Select 'OK' for 'Delete all cookies in the 'Temporary Internet Files',
- Select 'Delete Files' under 'Temporary Internet files' on the 'General' tab for 'internet options',
- Select 'OK' for 'Delete all files in the Temporary Internet Files', and then
- Select 'OK' at the bottom of the 'General' tab to close 'internet option' dialog box.
- Close IE browser.
- Open IE browser, go to the ISFD website (https://isfd.dss.mil/ISFDweb/login/login.jsp) log in and the ISFD homepage should display.
As the Executive Agency for the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) under Executive Order 12829, DoD is required to provide the Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO) with an estimated annual cost to Industry of complying with NISP security requirements. DSS determines the costs by surveying contractors who possess classified information at their cleared facility. Results are forwarded to ISOO and incorporated in an annual report to the President.
To meet this requirement, DSS conducts a stratified random sample survey of contractor facilities using a web-based survey and Office of Management and Budget (OMB)-approved survey methodology. Since the sample of cleared facility participants is randomly selected, not all facilities will receive the survey. The survey will be fielded on January 20, 2014 and remain open through COB February 7, 2014. Participation is anonymous. As in years past, the survey invitation will contain a securitysurveys.net survey link. Verification of the legitimacy of the Survey URL can be obtained through your Cognizant Security Office. If you have any questions, please direct them to our mailbox: AandE@dss.mil.
DSS appreciates your cooperation and submission of the cost information by February 7, 2014.
(11/25/2013) Attention ISFD Users: ISFD Account Deactivation and Termination
On 4 December 2013, in accordance with CYBERCOM account administration security requirements, DSS will terminate Industrial Security Facilities Database (ISFD) accounts which have not been accessed within 45 days. ISFD accounts reflecting 30 consecutive days of inactivity will be locked. Inactive accounts exceeding 45 days of inactivity will be subject to termination, after which time submission of a new System Access Request (SAR) will be required for creation of a new ISFD account.
Current ISFD users who require continued access in line with their position responsibilities are strongly encouraged to log on to refresh the last accessed date associated with their accounts to avoid deactivation and termination.
This requirement will be ongoing and applied to system accounts regularly.
(7/23/2013) Attention ISFD Internal Users:
Internal ISFD users may experience issues accessing Custom Reports due to recent updates. The issue requires reversion of Java updates to a previous version. We ask that all impacted users contact DSS IT Support for further assistance at 866-377-4846. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
(05/09/12) Attention ALL ISFD Users: Internet Explorer 8 and 9 Compatibility Workaround
Industrial Securities Facilities Database (ISFD) users with Internet Explorer 8, 9 and Firefox browsers have experienced issues while attempting to access ISFD. Research has possible workarounds for restoring access. Click here for more information.
(02/10/12) Attention ALL ISFD Users: Custom Reports Login Failures
Industrial Securities Facilities Database (ISFD) Internal users have experienced login failure while attempting to access Custom Reports. Research has determined that the issue originates from the format of reset passwords.
When prompted to reset ISFD passwords, users must choose new passwords which vary from the previous passwords by at least four (4) characters. Users not modifying their passwords with sufficient variation will cause their ISFD main and Custom Reports passwords to become out-of-sync.
The following are the minimum requirements for ISFD password resets*:
- Passwords must differ from previous by at least four (4) characters.
- Passwords cannot contain single quotes (') or double quotes (")
- Passwords cannot contain any whitespace characters (space, tab, etc.)
- Passwords must be at least 15 characters long
- Passwords must contain at least 2 numbers
- Passwords must contain at least 2 special characters
- Passwords cannot match any of your previous 10 passwords
- Passwords must contain at least 2 uppercase letters
- Passwords must contain at least 2 lowercase letters
- Passwords cannot contain any consecutive characters from the same key (e.g. "aa", "bB", or "1!")
For further assistance with ISFD main and Custom Reports access, please contact the DoD Security Services Center (1-888-282-7682, Call.Center@DSSHelp.org) for further assistance.
*Please note that user accounts will be locked following three (3) unsuccessful login attempts for either the main ISFD page or Custom Reports.